US Public Relations Coordinator
June 1, 2016 -
Dentons US LLP,
Atlanta, Chicago & San Francisco
Dentons US LLP is currently recruiting for a US Public Relations Coordinator to be based in our Chicago, San Francisco or Atlanta office. The US Public Relations Coordinator will assist in executing the day-to-day public relations for its US region. This position works under the direction of the Senior Public Relations Manager and interacts directly with the Firm’s partners and practice groups. The role collaborates closely with the Firm’s Communications and Business Development teams. Come join the largest law firm in the world at the most exciting time in its history.
To apply, please click on the following link: https://psoft9gw.us.dentons.com
- Draft, edit, issue and pitch press releases on lateral hires, deal and case wins and Firm events. Quickly and professionally usher draft PR materials through the internal review process. Ensure timely, accurate and engaging storytelling, consistent with the firm’s brand guidelines,
- Manage press attendance and coverage of Firm events, panel discussions and seminars as needed.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for industry media inquiries, and actively assist lawyers and practices with the placement of articles and expert commentary in media outlets of all types, but primarily regional newspapers and business and trade publications.
- Serve as the media coordinator for information and interviews. Working in tandem with the Senior PR Manager provide counsel on messaging and interview preparation, as needed.
- As part of a regional and global communications team, coordinate with colleagues to populate the Firm's intranet and external website with fresh, relevant content.
- Work with the Rankings and Awards Strategist to provide messaging and media-related content to enhance the Firm's submissions industry directories and regional, industry-specific or national awards
- Oversee the daily media monitoring and archiving the Firm’s news coverage, assembling and drafting the In The Media email and the Media Dashboard.
- Respond to media requests for photos, biographies and logos.
- Conduct research on media lists, individual reporters, publications and other editorial opportunities.
- Proactively identify and execute opportunities for attorneys to be featured as expert commentators and by-lined authors by monitoring editorial calendars, developing relationships with reporters, monitoring current news events and other means as appropriate.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate Degree required.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in a law firm, public relations agency or professional services firm required.
- Experience in a law or professional service firm highly desirable.
- Ability to identify and monitor trends in the legal industry and translate into public relations opportunities.
- Superior writing skills, and experience editing press releases, announcements and similar materials.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Experience in and working knowledge of the press and print media.
- Solid news and business judgment, professional demeanor.
- Strong attention to detail, with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Experience and/or interest in working as part of a team across multiple time zones and in multiple offices.
Dentons offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
~~~We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans. We are an Affirmative Action Employer~~~
Dentons adheres to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.