Sr. Manager, Public Relations
March 10, 2017 -
The Senior Public Relations Manager works closely with the Director of Public Relations to develop and implement a strategic media and public relations plan for the firm in the U.S. In addition, this position will support the Financial Industry Group (FIG), the New York office and the Philadelphia office.
- Gain recognition of the firm’s strong position as a firm of choice through favorable media coverage and public relations
- Work closely with the firm’s Director of PR and Senior PR & Communications Manager (LON) to ensure a coordinated global PR effort
- Work closely with the firm’s Social Media Manager to advance the firm’s external visibility through social media
- Further raise the firm’s visibility in key industry groups (especially FIG) and U.S. locations (especially New York and Philadelphia) by working closely with dedicated marketing and business development colleagues.
- Develop a reputation as a dependable resource for target media
- Ensure all PR communications are timely, consistent, and useful
- Along with the Director of Public Relations, lead the firm's U.S. PR strategies and activities, including: press releases, media outreach, award and rankings submissions, and PR campaigns;
- Collaborate with the partners, practice group chairs and marketing and business development colleagues to identify industry trends, deal and case information and newsworthy client work to enhance firm visibility in key markets;
- Cultivate media contacts and collaborate with and help manage external PR firm to include: securing media placements, profiling stories, preparing partners for interviews and providing guidance on publication and speaking opportunities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism or in a related field
Experience: Minimum of five years of work experience in PR and/or media relations; preferably within a law firm environment. Experience in executing media outreach, PR campaigns and promotion of thought leadership preferred.
Skills: Superior project management skills, expert writing and communication skills, demonstrable media contacts, ability to thrive in a fast-paced intense client service environment, knowledge and experience with social media and the technology related to PR and communications is a plus.
Click here to apply.