Specialist, Business Development Communications
August 26, 2019 -
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP,
Weil seeks the best and brightest talent to join our Administrative Staff team. Our employees are the future of Weil so we invest in their training and development. Our environment embraces and encourages positive-minded professionals who seek to be challenged and acquire knowledge and skills in an atmosphere built on teamwork. Highly skilled and knowledgeable Administrative Staff assist our attorneys in successfully meeting and exceeding client needs and are vital to the overall success of the Firm.
Join a dynamic BD Communications team that is focused on implementing strategic and innovative initiatives to further enhance the visibility of the Firm and its lawyers. Work closely with members of the Firm’s Business Development & Communications Department on a wide range of profile-raising initiatives, including social media. Reports to the Senior Manager of Business Development Communications.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential functions:
- Execute social media initiatives, working in conjunction with BD Communications Senior Manager and Director of Communications, including writing content for posting and generating ideas for campaigns.
- Manage social media analytics, including producing regular reports for senior management
- Respond to press inquiries and regularly communicate with reporters to arrange media interviews.
- Prepare partners for media interviews, including developing materials such as key messages and talking points.
- Collaborate with colleagues in developing integrated external communications plans to support strategic initiatives
- Formulate ideas for both media and byline article pitches
- Disseminate Firm press releases and news items/deal announcements, as needed.
- Maintain and update firm press lists, as needed.
- Complete various research assignments relating to media coverage of particular topics as well as articles by various key reporters.
- Partner with Business Development colleagues on developing content for various uses.
- Write award nominations, website announcements and text for other potential marketing and business development uses, as needed.
- Special projects as they occur or are needed.
- Additional related responsibilities as requested.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5+ years of PR, communications, or marketing experience, preferably in the business to business realm.
- Must have experience working with the media.
- Interest and experience in using social media channels, including Twitter and LinkedIn
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills to interface with all levels at the firm.
- Good understanding of media requirements and deadlines.
- Articulate with strong influencing and persuasion skills and superior ability to collaborate cross functionally.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills and the ability to handle monitor multiple projects on a regular basis.
- Impeccable attention to detail and creative flair.
- Familiarity/comfort with business and legal jargon.
- Aptitude for understanding new technologies quickly.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe and other publishing software.
- Superior team player; positive attitude; high energy, drive, determination and collaborative nature.
- Previous experience working in a legal or professional services environment highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required. High GPA preferred.
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP offers a competitive compensation package comprised of base pay and discretionary year-end bonus for eligible employees. Benefits include, but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, disability coverage, life insurance, flexible spending plan and a 401K plan. Weil also offers generous paid time off and holidays. All decisions affecting employment at Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP are made on the basis of qualification, performance and other pertinent work-related factors, and without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Apply here: https://weil.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/work_at_weil/job/New-York/Specialist--Business-Development-Communications_R-102362