Specialist, Business Development Communications
May 18, 2016 -
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP,
Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP seeking a communications professional that will be responsible for public relations for Corporate Department, including transactional and finance practices, with a focus on proactive profile raising in top-tier and legal trade media. They will work closely with practice group leaders, other Firm Partners and Director of Communications on developing integrated external communication plans that support strategic initiatives and executing on those plans.
- Public Relations for Corporate Department.
- Assist in developing integrated external communications plans to support strategic initiatives, through working with practice group leaders, other Firm partners and Director of Communications.
- Proactively work with Director of Communications, as well as practice group leaders and other Firm partners, to generate media and other profile raising opportunities.
- Daily contact with journalists at top tier business and trade publications.
- Coordinate with Business Development colleagues on developing content.
- Place attorney-authored articles in legal and business trades.
- Disseminate Firm press releases and news items/deal announcements that relate to the Corporate Department on a real-time basis.
- Coordinate and track interviews between Weil attorneys and media outlets/reporters, ensuring they are connecting to the correct attorneys and that conflicts are cleared.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5 years of mid-level communications experience, developing and implementing integrated communications that support corporate strategic initiatives.
- Experience working with journalists from top tier business and legal trade media on both a proactive and reactive basis
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills to interface with all levels at the firm. Articulate with strong influencing and persuasion skills and superior ability to collaborate cross functionally.
For a complete job description and to apply click here.