Senior P.R. Specialist
November 7, 2017 -
Washington, D.C. and New York,
Oversees all public relations activities for the firm’s Securities Department. Responsible for
the development of strategy and execution for awards and surveys on behalf of the
Litigation/Controversy Department and Regulatory and Government Affairs Department.
Spends significant time focusing on enhancing the firm’s reputation in media outlets such as
the general business media, legal trade press, relevant vertical trade outlets, and the firm’s
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES *
- Identifies potential media opportunities for the Securities Department and at times the firm generally. Works closely with legal department chairs and liaisons to develop and implement PR strategies, identify potential media targets and goals and ensure that it is incorporated with overall business development and marketing plans.
- Writes, prepares and places firm announcements, attorney-written articles and other forms of newsworthy activity. Trains and equips lawyers for media opportunities.
- Identifies targeted media outlets for legal department, practice groups, offices and partners. Ensures that external communications initiatives are aligned with those of the firm.
- Locates, tracks, disseminates and submits survey and award responses for the Securities, Regulatory and Government Affairs and Litigation Departments.
- Successfully performs multiple tasks simultaneously with strong attention to detail, while working alongside team members in a fast-paced team environment.
- Works closely with members of the public relations team and the Client Development Department. Develops and maintains productive relationships with lawyers, staff, and media contacts.
- Contributes to managing relationship with external public relations resources and effectively manages junior team members.
- Proven ability to identify and create proactive media opportunities.
- A self-motivator who works independently and establishes themselves as a go-to public relations contact.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professionalism. Willingness to work on other marketing and business development projects, as needed, within the Client Development Department.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent business writing skills, including knowledge of business English, vocabulary, punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters with discretion.
- Working knowledge of work practices, policies, and procedures as they relate to function and operations.
- Willingness to be flexible. Ability to travel to other firm locations when necessary.
- 6+ years of public relations experience. Journalism, public relations agency, government/policy background and/or experience with professional service/law firm(s) preferred.
- Experience with crisis communications is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s Degree in communications, journalism, or PR is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability