Senior Communications Coordinator
September 8, 2017 -
Alston & Bird LLP,
The Senior Communications Coordinator helps drive business growth by reflecting and enhancing the firm’s brand and positioning and credentialing its partners as thought leaders through client-facing communications. Reporting to the firm’s head of communications, the position offers an exceptional opportunity to join a dynamic and progressive team and to be part of a firm that Fortune magazine has ranked as one of the country’s “100 Best Places to Work” for 18 consecutive years, an unprecedented accomplishment among U.S. law firms.
- Collaborate with practice group leaders, partners, and business development colleagues to insert the firm’s partners and practices into breaking news, business, and trend stories and to position the firm's capabilities and experience with messages that resonate with clients and prospects.
- Partner with and help manage the firm’s external PR agency to include: drafting press releases (lateral hires, client successes, office moves, etc.), identifying story ideas, conducting media pitching, arranging background briefings, fielding/vetting reporter queries, preparing partners for interviews, and providing guidance on publication and speaking opportunities on topics of strategic interest to the firm and its practices/partners.
- Oversee tracking, monitoring, and reporting of firm and attorney media mentions internally and externally on the firm’s website and social channels.
- Manage the firm’s legal directories submissions process – primarily focused on Chambers and Best Lawyers – by partnering with the business development team (which crafts the firm’s directories submissions) to ensure adherence to deadlines and directory best practices.
- Assist in developing content for survey and award submissions.
- Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis in public relations, journalism, communications, or marketing (required).
- Minimum of five years of professional services work experience in communications and/or media relations, preferably for a law firm.
- Advanced knowledge of public relations/media principles, procedures, and concepts.
- Experience managing legal directory and awards/accolades programs.
- Well versed in social media strategy, tactics, and execution.
- Superb communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work diplomatically, confidently, and collaboratively with attorneys and professional staff at all levels.
- Focused on execution and achieving measurable results through superior project management and team working skills.
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of Meltwater, Hootsuite, PRNewswire, and other media relations technologies.
- Travel to other firm offices as needed but not frequent.
Alston & Bird is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.