Senior Business Development Manager
June 1, 2016 -
As part of a Fox Rothschild’s 28-member national marketing and business development team, the Senior Business Development Manager (SBDM) will work with attorneys and leadership firm-wide in the Intellectual Property and Corporate Departments – and other assigned practices as needed – to expand client relationships, cultivate prospects and broaden exposure to target markets. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, this role will also be responsible for oversight and execution of marketing plans and practice budgets.
Collaborate with Communications, Events, Marketing Technology and Graphics team members on the coordination of communications, media relations, events and technology projects to ensure superb client service, smart resource allocation and adherence to best practices.
- Provide strategic advice on practice development, client expansion and business development initiatives. Develop strategic plans for assigned practices and oversee execution.
- Serve as primary strategic advisor for pitches and proposals within assigned practices. In conjunction with attorneys and finance professionals, collaborate on development of proposal strategy regarding services, packaging and pricing. Assess ROI potential and tailor pitches appropriately based on competitive landscape. Collaborate with Proposal Manager to ensure on-point responses.
- Assist assigned practice leadership in identifying and assessing business development and marketing opportunities such as sponsorships, events, organizational memberships, etc. Coordinate execution with marketing events and BD team.
- Liaise with Knowledge Management to procure and analyze competitive intelligence, industry research and corporate information. Assist attorneys in digesting and synthesizing information.
- Partner with attorneys to identify, qualify, track and develop new business prospects. Work with attorneys and practices to track progress on lead cultivation.
- Within assigned areas, conduct individual attorney coaching, facilitate small group business development efforts and contribute to Firm-wide attorney marketing and business development training.
- Identify relevant activities, collateral development and programming to attract and cultivate prospects. Collaborate with Marketing Department staff to initiate and execute on those projects.
- Identify key publications, organizations and events aimed at increasing profile for attorneys, practices and the firm. Strategically identify those opportunities and organizations that would best boost external awareness among targeted markets.
- Develop and implement partnering relationships with professional organizations and industry associations and educational institutions to identify leadership positions, speaking and conference presentation opportunities and sources of referral for practice group attorneys.
- A minimum of eight years of marketing/business development experience required, preferably in the legal or professional services industry. Bachelors degree required.
- The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter with well-honed multi-tasking skills, strong strategic planning abilities, excellent writing and the ability to juggle competing priorities and personalities. An ability to meet and master deadlines is key.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to establish credibility quickly are required. The SBDM should also have a demonstrated ability to work with individuals at all levels across the firm as well as within the Marketing Department team. The capacity to develop effective, productive professional relationships across geographies is desired.
- The SBDM must possess the ability to think strategically and analytically and communicate effectively with firm leadership and management.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Michelle Maier at email@example.com.