Recognition and Awards Manager
January 11, 2017 -
Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, New York or Washington,
Working with a newly established global working group of lawyers and business development professionals, the Manager of Recognition & Awards will have overall responsibility for the strategic approach and development of submissions in targeted lawyer directories (such as Chambers and Legal 500), as well as select lists, rankings, and awards published by varying news organizations and other publications deemed of value to the Firm.
The Manager of Recognition and Awards is expected to perform all job duties with a commitment to providing superior service to clients, producing quality work products, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Manager of Recognition and Awards must fulfill the needs of the Office in a manner which is consistent with the Firm’s visions and values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, lead and improve the standardization of submissions that communicate the Firm's capabilities with the objective of increasing the rankings, visibility, and recognition earned for the Firm and its lawyers
- Ensure editorial integrity and quality in lawyer directory submissions – consistent with best practices -- to optimize rankings
- Analyze results, performance, year-on-year trends, and communicate the results for internal and external audiences as applicable
- Collaborate with applicable Firm leaders, partners, and staff to develop and draft compelling submissions
- Develop a strategy and manage a process for maximum leverage of client references ("referees"), calendaring, organizing, tracking, and communicating deadlines
- Ensure that the Firm is maximizing its opportunities by being inclusive of all relevant matters by:
- focusing on submissions of value, and
- making recommendations on which submissions to pursue and filter
- Managing a dedicated team to achieve results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising results; and creating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and standards for quality and completion
- Build and maintain relationships with lawyer directory editorial and research directors to glean relevant intelligence and other pertinent information about new listings, improvement techniques, etc
- Identifying and optimizing processes to efficiently and effectively organize and repurpose quality submissions from one publisher submission to another
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Deep knowledge of practices and matters common in a global law firm
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of research and editorial process for lawyer directories, as well as experience in submitting to other legal or professional industry rankings, lists, and awards
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, and outstanding editorial skills with demonstrated experience in boiling down complex matters into persuasive written descriptions.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to develop and maintain working relationships with Firm leaders, lawyers, staff, as well as editorial and research directors.
- Excellent judgment and common sense
- Experience managing global teams to include coaching, mentoring, counseling, and developing individuals to their maximum performance; and fostering a spirit of teamwork, unity, and cohesiveness
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to work in a fast paced environment, both independently and collaboratively
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
EDUCATIONAL/JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Four-year college degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or English. Advanced degree (MBA, MA, MS, JD) a plus
- Experience developing and producing submissions to lawyer directories and other news organization lists and awards, and/or reviewing and ranking firms for such lists based on incoming submissions
- Experience in a legal directory environment in a research or editorial capacity, and/or within a legal or professional services environment working with practices in a business development, marketing, or communications capacity
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of LexTrack and/or other database programs preferred
- Ability to speak, write, and read English fluently; second language fluency a plus
This position can be filled in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Cleveland, New York or Washington, D.C.
Jones Day is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Apply here: https://staffapply.jonesday.com/viRecruitSelfApply/ReDefault.aspx?Tag=E4737CF53A194E20B2E9247B377258A4