Public Relations Manager
August 10, 2017 -
King & Spalding LLP,
Responsible for supporting all aspects of the firm’s public relations, media relations and internal communications efforts. Identify public relations opportunities and work individually and with outside PR firm to achieve results that reflect and enhance the firm’s brand and positioning. Work closely with the Director of Communications, colleagues in the marketing department and lawyers in all offices. Manage members of the PR support staff.
- Create and implement strategic communications plans for the firm, individual areas of focus, practice groups and offices, as requested.
- Assist the Director of Communications in managing the outside PR firm and coordinating with other vendors.
Public Relations / Media Relations
- Work with area of focus leaders, practice group leaders and other key partners to secure accolades and rankings for the firm, its practices and its lawyers. Organize this information for use in marketing efforts.
- Draft, edit, issue and pitch firm press releases.
- Seek opportunities for the firm and its lawyers to receive positive coverage in top-tier business and financial media, legal and other industry trades.
- Serve as a point of contact for media inquiries and (working with an outside PR firm) actively assist lawyers with the placement of articles and expert commentary in media outlets of all types, including print and online.
- Draft talking points and provide media training, as needed.
- Work to leverage content across social media platforms.
- Oversee some aspects of the firm’s website content.
Directories / Awards
- Work with other colleagues in the oversight and counsel of Chambers, Legal 500 and other important rankings and directories.
- Manage the firm’s responses to surveys and nominations for awards such as The American Lawyer’s litigation department of the year, Legal Week’s British Legal Awards, and Law360’s Global 20, among others.
- Coordinate the firm's internal communications efforts including contributing content to internal vehicles, preparing materials for key presentations to the partnership and drafting 'all personnel' memos on behalf of upper management.
- Maximize the impact of media coverage by integrating results into the firm’s marketing materials. This includes reprints, summarizing coverage in internal publications, etc.
- Undergraduate Degree required.
- Minimum of five to seven years of experience in a public relations or media environment.
- Experience in a law or professional service firm preferred.
- Ability to identify and monitor trends in the legal industry and translate into public relations opportunities.
- Experience writing and/or editing press releases, announcements and similar materials.
- Excellent communications and organizational skills.
- Experience in and working knowledge of the press and print media.
- Strong attention to detail, with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Sense of humor, resilience and desire to learn.