The Public Relations Manager acts as the primary point of contact with external media on behalf of the firm. Coordinate with partners, practice group/office heads and business development practice managers on outreach to press regarding deals and cases with a view towards promoting and lifting the firm's visibility and prestige in local, national and global media and industry trades.Identify, develop and implement Milbank's Public Relations plans and initiatives.
- Identify, develop and implement Milbank's Public Relations plans and initiatives
- Coordinate with Director of BD, CLPO and COO on firm-wide communications strategies to elevate and monitor the Firm's profile
- Develop and issue news releases, media statements and background materials
- Maintain day-to-day relationships with reporters and editors
- Pitch and place stories with legal, business/trade/industry and general media.
- Develop and manage media preparation programs and training as needed
- Coordinate with external PR agency on an as needed basis
- Other responsibilities as they may be assigned from time to time
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Communications or PR and 10 + years of corporate communications experience is required.
The following abilities are required: Initiative; multi-tasking and prioritization; handle a fast-paced, difficult environment; flexibility and adaptability; excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
Must be available to report to work on regularly scheduled days and at the scheduled hour.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Janine Furgiuele, Manager of Administrative Recruiting and Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.