Public Relations Manager
May 17, 2016 -
Baker & McKenzie,
Baker & McKenzie seeks a PR Manager to proactively engage global media based in New York, especially top-tier business publications located in the city.
This role is designed to help Baker & McKenzie achieve its profile raising objectives by developing strong relationships with key New York-based media outlets, and by working with practices across the Firm to develop messages and thought leadership of interest to reporters. This role also works closely with our Global M&A Practice and North American Corporate & Securities Practice on media-related projects. We also expect that this role over time will develop relationships with business media in Washington, DC.
The role requires a highly organized, proactive individual with excellent written and verbal communications skills, good project management skills, a strong client service orientation, and an interest in commercial and business issues. We expect candidates to possess media relationships with business press in the New York market, excellent content generation and interpersonal skills, and experience working as part of a communications team.
For a complete job description and to apply: https://bakermckenzie-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobInfo&version=3&jobid=1075
Marketing Coordinator – New York, NY (Jenner & Block LLP)
- Business development support, including generation of pitch material, presentations (PowerPoint), proposals, develop of timelines, production of edits, proofreading, printing and binding, etc.
- Sponsorship coordination and event planning support, including mailing list generation; invitation creation and distribution; development of ad concepts and copy; RSVP lists; name tags; project planning; business development targeting; debrief activities; and more.
- Create and distribute client alerts and newsletters, including collaboration with communications function, obtain approvals and support effort.
- Generate media pitches, press releases and talking points; conduct media research, including for distribution lists and analyzing effectiveness of efforts.
- Social media support for firm blogs, firmwide channels and individual lawyers as assigned.
- Directories and surveys support, including project management and submission preparation
- Conduct research on competitors, clients, prospects, markets, etc.; update and track metrics related to communications and business development efforts/opportunities
- Update and track metrics related to communications and business development efforts/opportunities
- Draft, edit and facilitate content for firm Website and Intranet
- Process, edit and post lawyer biographies and make edits to the Website and update related practice literature
- Support firm- and department-wide initiatives with additional responsibilities as requested
Qualifications and Other Requisites
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline requiring writing, research and analysis preferred or equivalent work experience
- Law firm experience is a plus
- Understanding of one or more of the following is highly desirable: digital marketing, media relations and business development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
To apply, please go to www.jenner.com/marketingcoordinatorny