Public Relations Manager
May 1, 2016 -
- Gain recognition of the firm’s strong position as a firm of choice through favorable media coverage and public relations
- Work closely with the firm’s Senior PR & Communications Manager (LON) to ensure a coordinated global PR effort
- Advance the firm’s external visibility through social media
- Further raise the firm’s visibility in key industry groups and U.S. locations by working closely with dedicated marketing and business development colleagues.
- Develop a reputation as a dependable resource for target media
- Ensure all PR communications are timely, consistent, and useful
- Responsible for implementing firm's U.S. PR strategy and providing support to build the profile of the firm, its practice groups and partner;
- Along with the Director of Public Relations, lead the firm's U.S. PR strategies and activities, including: press releases, media outreach, award and rankings submissions, and PR campaigns;
- Collaborate with the partners, practice group chairs and marketing and business development colleagues to identify industry trends, deal and case information and newsworthy client work to enhance firm visibility in key markets;
- Cultivate media contacts and collaborate with and help manage external PR firm (newsPRos), to include: securing media placements, profiling stories, preparing partners for interviews and providing guidance on publication and speaking opportunities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism or in a related field
Experience: Minimum of five years of work experience in PR and/or media relations; preferably within a law firm or professional services organization. Experience in executing media outreach, PR campaigns and projects related to lawyer directories and rankings.
Skills: Superior project management skills, expert writing and communication skills, demonstrable media contacts, ability to thrive in a fast-paced intense client service environment, knowledge and experience with social media and the technology related to PR and communications is a plus.
*APPLY at www.recruit.reedsmith.com