Public Relations & Communications Manager
June 1, 2016 -
Clifford Chance US LLP,
The Public Relations & Communications Manager will have day-to-day responsibility for managing both media relations and internal communication for the Americas practices. This will include:
- Work with the Director of Business Development and Marketing to design and manage a pro-active media relations and communications program that positively positions the Firm’s work on behalf of clients and promotes partners' thought leadership on important issues.
- Assist in the development of messages that build greater knowledge and positive recognition of the Firm's activities and expertise, both internally and externally.
- Work closely with Clifford Chance colleagues in other offices around the world to identify and collaborate on opportunities for press coverage.
- Develop and maintain strong day-to-day working relationships with news media and Clifford Chance partners.
- Monitor social media and relevant publications and media outlets in the legal, trade, and national press, and disseminate meaningful articles to partners when appropriate.
- Manage the Americas region online Twitter press office and its dissemination of press releases over the newswires.
- Develop written materials, including press releases, talking points, and briefing materials.
- Work closely with the Americas Regional Managing Partner on internal presentations to the Firm's management committee; Americas partners, associates and Business Services staff.
- Coordinate and help build the agendas for the Regional Managing Partner's quarterly associate meetings, round table lunches and Open Forums. Similarly, work closely with the Regional Chief Operating Officer to help produce Business Services meetings twice annually.
- Produce the quarterly Americas Business Update and write daily stories for the Firm's internal communications intranet vehicle, "CC Today."
- Contribute occasional articles to Clifford Chance's quarterly global print magazine, " World."
- Coordinate relevant issues and positioning statements with colleagues in our London headquarters and other Clifford Chance offices.
- Oversee the Americas' bi-annual internal communications survey.
- Be an active participant of the Firm's global communications team, ensuring regional communications are aligned with the firm-wide messaging.
- Minimum four years of experience in the public/media relations industry or corporate communications. Law Firm or other professional services environment preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a communication discipline a plus
- Outstanding judgment, decision-making and discretion is crucial
- Excellent verbal communication skills and exceptional writing abilities
- Ability to flourish in a team environment and to form effective working relationships with individuals at all levels
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects and deadlines, effectively manage changing priorities, and adjust to program activities accordingly
- Self-starter with an excellent work ethic and a positive, proactive style
- Contacts in the business and legal trade press are a plus
- Must be independently legally authorized to work in the United States
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivaled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Alongside world-class legal careers, Clifford Chance offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in Business Services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still. Business Services are integral to the running of the firm and are critical to its success.
It has been and continues to be the Firm’s policy to provide equal opportunity and equal terms and conditions of employment to all employees and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, genetic predisposition, or any other status protected by law.
Alternatives are available for individuals who are unable to use or access our online application system. For assistance, please contact Clifford Chance's Human Resources Department at email@example.com or 212.878.8270.
To apply, please click the following link: https://www9.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_CliffordChance06.asp?newms=jj&id=37494&