October 7, 2016 -
Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP,
As part of the Pitch Team, the Proposal Specialist is responsible for assisting in the generation of pitches and responses to requests for proposals (RFPs) issued by clients and potential clients, as well as providing daily support for other departmental and team initiatives.
- Provide support to the Pitch Team as the group manages proposals, often involving multiple practice groups and administrative departments within the firm.
- Under the direction of Pitch Team leadership, draft, propose and edit content, working closely with business development practice area teams to ensure all requirements are met.
- Effectively format documents, considering the effect of document design on proposal and RFP response success.
- Ensure content obtained in the proposal or RFP process is documented within the firm’s matter tracking system. Work with members of the Business Development (BD) Department to ensure content in the system is current and complete.
- Conduct client and opportunity-based research as needed for specific proposals and responses to RFPs.
- Contribute to other significant BD collateral and projects as assigned through Pitch Team leadership.
- Regularly interface with other members of the firm, including those in the Finance, Business Intelligence and Graphics groups, to support or produce content and products related to various business development efforts.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 to 5 years of experience working with proposals or business development research at a large law firm or other professional services environment.
- Strong familiarity with legal terminology and ability to digest complex communications. An understanding of litigation and transactional practice areas is a plus.
- Capable of synthesizing data and accurately capturing it in a narrative.
- Facile with technology tools and able to master new applications quickly.
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating needs and deliverable deadlines. Extended hours are required at times including evening and weekend hours.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills (writing, editing, formatting, proofreading and presentation skills).
- Understanding of the pressures of working in a corporate environment and demonstrated potential for working well with attorneys who have a wide range of business development goals and marketing skills.
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities to meet time-sensitive deadlines, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously, including confidential matters.
- Focused on execution and achieving measurable results through superior project management skills.
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work confidently and collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Resourceful, driven attitude with a genuine desire and energy to use a “whatever it takes” approach to ensure team success.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Job Location New York, New York, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
For consideration for the position, please submit your resume to the job posting on our Paul, Weiss Careers Opportunities website: http://bit.ly/2dZFfEL.