January 1, 2016 -
Major Law Firm,
The Public Relations & Communications Manager will have day-to-day responsibility for managing both media relations and internal communication for the Americas practices. This will include:
- Work with the Director of Business Development and Marketing to design and manage a pro-active media relations and communications program that positively positions the Firm’s work on behalf of clients and promotes partners' thought leadership on important issues.
- Assist in the development of messages that build greater knowledge and positive recognition of the Firm's activities and expertise, both internally and externally.
- Work closely with company’s colleagues in other offices around the world to identify and collaborate on opportunities for press coverage.
- Develop and maintain strong day-to-day working relationships with news media
- Monitor social media and relevant publications and media outlets in the legal, trade, and national press, and disseminate meaningful articles to partners when appropriate.
- Manage the Americas region online Twitter press office and its dissemination of press releases over the newswires.
- Develop written materials, including press releases, talking points, and briefing materials.
- Work closely with the Americas Regional Managing Partner on internal presentations to the Firm's management committee; Americas partners, associates and Business Services staff.
- Coordinate and help build the agendas for the Regional Managing Partner's quarterly associate meetings, roundtable lunches and Open Forums. Similarly, work closely with the Regional Chief Operating Officer to help produce Business Services meetings twice annually.
- Oversee the Americas' bi-annual internal communications survey.
- Be an active participant of the Firm's global communications team, ensuring regional communications are aligned with the firm-wide messaging.
- Minimum four years of experience in the public/media relations industry or corporate communications. Law Firm or other professional services environment preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a communication discipline a plus
- Outstanding judgment, decision-making and discretion is crucial
- Excellent verbal communication skills and exceptional writing abilities
- Ability to flourish in a team environment and to form effective working relationships with individuals at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects and deadlines, effectively manage changing priorities, and adjust to program activities accordingly
- Contacts in the business and legal trade press are a plus
Email all resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org