Media Relations Manager
November 1, 2016 -
McDermott Will & Emery LLP,
Chicago, New York or Washington, D.C.,
McDermott Will & Emery LLP is a leading international law firm with a diversified business practice representing commercial, industrial and financial enterprises both publicly and privately held.
The Firm has a long history of social responsibility and supporting the communities in which our people live and work.
We are currently seeking a Media Relations Manager to join our Marketing and Business Development team. This position can be based in either our Chicago, New York or Washington, D.C. office.
In this role you will:
- Develop and implement strategic communications including issues management, message development, industry positioning and trend analysis for practice areas
- Develop, pitch and place stories and byline articles featuring the Firm and its attorneys.
- Research and write press releases. Disseminate information to the news media as well as track appropriate editorial calendar.
- Establish and maintain positive media relationships. Build strong relationships with Firm attorneys and business development team.
- Partner with others to organize Firm’s participation in surveys and directories; coordinate research and interviews with attorneys and manage deadlines.
- Keep assigned portions of the Firm’s Web site up to date.
- Serve as a Firm contact for media requests, coordinate information and interviews.
- Oversee maintenance of the Firm’s clip files and distribute items as appropriate.
- Secure reprints of articles from publishers and post them to the web site.
- Gather submissions about accolades and newsworthy activities.
- Track news coverage on issues of interest.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7 years of experience in a public relations or media environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and under own direction and initiative
Interested candidates, please apply online at: https://lawcruit.micronapps.com/sup/v3/lc_supp_app_frm.aspx?%40Pl3%3cKWEX%40=1n2l&%3fa8=3%5e%40&B1%3fl%3eJo%3fYe%60=1nK30P
McDermott Will & Emery LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).