Marketing and Communications Senior Editor/Writer
March 12, 2021 -
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP,
The Marketing and Communications Senior Editor/Writer works in a hands-on capacity to produce marketing content to communicate the firm’s messaging across platforms and to reinforce and enhance our brand.
- Responsible for maintaining consistent tone, style and "voice" of all marketing collateral.
- Ensures focused, effective materials and copy that is accurate and error-free.
- Drafts and edits wide range of marketing collateral, often in collaboration with editorial project managers, including internal and external firm news, practice area descriptions, attorney biographies, thought leadership efforts, capabilities pieces and other brochures, feature publications, the firm's social media page, speeches, event materials, etc.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others.
- Manages firm resources responsibly.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent business writing, editing and interviewing skills
- Knowledge of relevant firm computer software programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), with the ability to learn new software and operating systems
- Knowledge of Associated Press style
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and shifting priorities, organizing and prioritizing work
- Ability to handle sensitive matters, maintain confidentiality, use discretion, and exercise independent and sound judgment
- Ability to work well in a demanding and fast-paced environment, independently as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet operating and business needs
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of five years related experience in a professional services or journalism environment
Skadden is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Disability/Vet/other protected categories). For more information, or to be considered for this position, please apply online at Skadden.com/careers.