Manager of Social Media
February 8, 2021 -
O’Melveny & Myers LLP,
Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Silicon Valley,
O’Melveny & Myers LLP is a global law firm with more than 750 lawyers and 500 staff in offices throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia. Vault.com’s “Best law Firm to Work For” for three years running, the firm is seeking a seasoned social media expert to join our dynamic Client Development team. In addition to leading our social media presence, you’ll collaborate with a best-in-class, results-oriented marketing team while delving into emerging topics and trends in some of the business world’s most exciting industries.
Growing O’Melveny’s visibility and brand recognition among current and prospective clients, alumni, and our talent pool is essential to our business goals, and social media is integral to how we achieve those goals. The social lead will work closely with the Manager of Global Communications to ensure a consistent voice across our digital media presence, strengthen the firm’s brand positioning, and execute on key marketing priorities. The right candidate must be a self-starter and excited to make a difference in helping the team drive strategic communications and advance marketing and branding efforts.
The issues our clients face move at a fast pace, and so do we. Come be a part of our exciting growth!
We are actively seeking for a Manager of Social Media. This position can reside in the Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Silicon Valley office.
- Own content and channel strategy, from planning, production, and distribution to analytics and reporting. Platforms include LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to build awareness, drive engagement, grow our digital community, and generate website referrals.
- Manage paid social budget on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Lead social media vendor review, selection, and negotiation, and manage vendor relationships.
- Lead employee advocacy efforts, including rollout of new advocacy platform.
- Utilize social listening to monitor and identify opportunities to engage with our digital community.
- Present to lawyers of all levels on how to leverage social media for individual profile raising and brand management.
- Guide key stakeholders on strategic use of social media platforms and assist them in managing their social media presence.
- Leverage analytics to inform social and content strategy.
- QC web content prior to sharing on social media.
- Ensure brand style and standards are upheld in all visual and written content.
- Advise and support client development team in honing content marketing strategy.
- Assist with podcast planning, production, and distribution.
- Support execution of search engine optimization (SEO) strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media, PR/Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or a related field required.
- 3+ years relevant experience in social media management. Legal/professional services experience is preferred, but not required.
- Proven track record of helping brands drive follower growth and community engagement across social platforms.
- Experience running social media campaigns.
- Keen understanding of and passion for the latest social media trends, tools, and best practices.
- Experience using Sprout Social, Sprinklr, Hootsuite, or similar social dashboard.
- Familiarity with employee advocacy core concepts and comfortability with scaling an EA program.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and design tools like Canva and Spark used to generate graphic assets for social media.
- Strong understanding of employer and talent branding, and brand storytelling.
- Adept in advising firm leaders and rainmakers as a subject-matter expert on social media.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, with superior attention to detail.
- Self-starter and problem-solver with willingness to be outspoken in suggesting innovative ideas and exercise independent judgment.
- Data-driven; skilled at gathering and analyze data, evaluate solutions and alternatives, and make recommendations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and rely on a content calendar for planning purposes.
- Proficiency and experience in web content maintenance, including experience working within a content management system; Sitecore experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Adwords, and other analytics and SEO tools and platforms.
For more information, or to be considered for this position, please apply online at www.omm.com. Response will be given to candidates who closely meet our qualifications. EOE M/F/D/V. No direct phone or email inquiries, please.