Communications Specialist, Internal Communications
October 10, 2017 -
Goodwin Procter LLP,
Goodwin is looking for a passionate storyteller to join its Communications Team in either New York or Boston. This Communications Specialist will primarily focus on sourcing, developing and telling compelling stories to Goodwin’s multiple internal audiences through multiple mediums. The Specialist will also partner with other team members on production and execution of various executive and client communications. A successful candidate is naturally curious, a superb writer and editor, a highly collaborative individual who is passionate about client service, and of course – a savvy networker who will commit to building productive working relationships with lawyers and staff across our large, international law firm.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Create and implement an editorial strategy for the firm’s intranet. Draft and manage daily internal news content, and run weekly editorial team meetings.
- Proactively seek and develop story ideas for internal distribution. Build strong relationships with lawyers and professional staff to be able to discover and tell compelling stories from across the international Goodwin network.
- Partner with the firm’s administrative departments – from Finance to HR and beyond – to advise on and prepare and execute communications plans for various operational initiatives.
- Serve as the communications team’s representative on cross-departmental committees responsible for long-term, large-scale internal projects.
- Provide support on planning, creation and execution of various executive communications, including speechwriting, written communications, town halls, retreats, and more.
- Provide support on planning, creation and execution of various client communications, including client alerts, weekly client newsletters, partner bios, and more.
- 4+ years of corporate communications (preferably in the legal/professional services sector) or journalism experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; effective communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interview, research and information-gathering skills; ability to create compelling internal communications on a broad range of subjects.
- Ability and willingness to build strong relationships and navigate across a matrixed organization.
- Strong project management and process implementation skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Good design sensibility for project presentation; high proficiency in PowerPoint or other presentation software.
- BA, BS or equivalent; Master’s degree a plus.
- Travel to other firm offices as needed.
Boston - https://re12.ultipro.com/GOO1008/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=1218
NY - https://re12.ultipro.com/GOO1008/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=1220