April 22, 2021 -
Proskauer Rose LLP,
Proskauer is seeking a highly motivated and creative individual, with advanced writing skills and an interest in internal and external communications, business development and brand, to join the Firm’s communications team in our New York office.
The Communications Specialist will write for key audiences of Proskauer while helping plan and execute profile-raising marketing campaigns intended to enhance the Firm’s position in the global marketplace and promote our internal brand. The Specialist will assist with the creation of content that engages our target audiences, including clients, prospects, the media, recruits and alumni, across all marketing channels. The role involves many aspects of digital marketing, content campaigns and social and video media development, and will have exposure to all Firm online marketing and communications efforts.
The Communications Specialist reports to the Associate Director of Communications, and will work closely with members of our Client Development department, lawyers and key internal departments, such as diversity, pro bono, recruiting and professional development, to provide support for communications and brand initiatives across the Firm.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help develop brand strategies, implement innovative and effective marketing campaigns and create brand positioning content that sets Proskauer apart
- Write content for internal communications, award nominations, recruiting, diversity and inclusion, social channels, video, PR, and other areas, while maintaining consistent brand voice and style
- Play a central role in the editorial planning and content development of our firmwide newsletter
- Proactively pitch and create new content to drive engagement with key firm audiences, as well as new digital strategies.
- Develop an understanding of the background and experience of Proskauer practices and lawyers, and help with campaigns to raise their visibility internally within the firm and externally
- Create and maintain marketing collateral, brochures, newsletters and other material to more effectively “sell” the Firm, its people and its services to key audiences
- Assist with the development of our corporate narrative, including offering ideas for enhancing the visibility of the firm’s recruiting, CSR, diversity and pro bono efforts
- Provide on-the-ground support, as needed, to write about conferences and other firm- sponsored events; ensure delivery of events in line with marketing plans, objectives and firmwide protocols
- Develop compelling submissions for directories and awards, and seek and assess additional opportunities for recognition
- Contribute to the content development and development of the user experience of the Firm’s website, and assist with posting content as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree with a focus on writing, communications or marketing preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a communications- or marketing-related role
- Strong writing, communication and organizational skills with a high level of creativity
- Detail oriented with an emphasis on quality control
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player, high degree of drive and personal initiative
- Experience in social/digital media and fluent in all digital platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with firm leadership, lawyers, managers, and peers and ability to demonstrate diplomacy, listening and influencing skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills; ability to prioritize, plan ahead and offer solutions
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule according to workload demands
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with and ability to interpret data into actionable insights from Google Analytics, social media analytics, and news listening tools, such as Meltwater and Cision a plus