October 20, 2016 -
Chadbourne & Parke LLP,
Chadbourne & Parke seeks a Communications Specialist to support a global law firm’s internal and external communications programs. This position involves working directly with partners and administrative department leaders. The Communications Specialist reports directly to the Head of Communication and collaborates with an international marketing team responsible for communications, client events, market research and business development.
Essential duties and functions include:
- Shape and direct internal and external communications strategies and activities across Chadbourne's international network of offices.
- Work with stakeholders to develop and support a firm-wide communications plan that is aligned with the firm's business strategies, objectives, and growth plans.
- Work with practice group leaders and office managing partners to identify strategic communication opportunities that raise practice and lawyer profiles and also aligns with the firm’s brand identity.
- Implement and execute the communications plan through firm- wide initiatives that serve to articulate, communicate, educate, and reinforce message and culture.
- Manage all social media platforms and messaging across them.
- Maintain oversight for message consistency across all internal and external communications including intranet, collateral materials, events, sponsorships and other firm initiatives.
- Draft press releases, firm news, critical announcements, speeches, and all items related to internal and/or external communications.
- Work closely with outside media agency to leverage and develop media contacts and opportunities to increase Chadbourne's media exposure.
- Institute best practices for internal and external communication.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 2+ years of communication experience preferred.
- Experience in managing global communications functions.
- Strong project management and implementation skills.
- Ability to influence stakeholders.
- Ability to leverage opportunities.
- Experience integrating social media into a communications plan.
- Flexible and able to respond quickly to shifting opportunities and demands.
- Must be a proactive self-starter who demonstrates good judgment, exhibits enthusiasm, has a strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Mary Brancazio at firstname.lastname@example.org.