June 1, 2016 -
Goodwin Procter LLP,
Boston and NYC area
Goodwin Procter is a leading Am Law 50 and Global 50 law firm, with offices across the United States and in Europe and Asia. Founded in 1912, today we are more than 850 lawyers who excel at complex transactional work and high-stakes litigation.
The Communications Specialist supports and executes public relations and social media campaigns that further the firm’s business development objectives and promote its thought leadership platforms. The Communications Specialist will focus on PR and media relations initiatives to support the firm’s Litigation and Business Law Departments. The role reports to the Communications Manager.
We are looking for a highly collaborative individual who will partner on assignments with other communications team members, business development leaders, and across all functions of our firm, including design, human resources, IT, marketing, professional development, and recruiting, among others. Responsibilities will include PR/media relations, writing, editing, assisting in development and implementation of online and social media communications, working with marketing and business development managers, subject matter experts and other firm staff to identify and execute media opportunities.
- In close coordination with Communications Manager, develop and execute traditional and social PR programs for the firm’s Litigation and Business Law Departments.
- Collaborate and partner with business development team leaders on PR strategies for individual business units. Develop trusting and respectful relationships with these leaders to ensure collective success.
- Work with the Communications Manager and the firm’s external PR agency on management, execution and tracking of media campaigns.
- Liaise with partners on media engagements.
- Manage select awards and rankings submissions.
- Serve on editorial team for internal and external content development. Develop content, copy edit, proof and coordinate publishing for relevant external websites, including the firm’s website and social media platforms.
- Assist with project planning and content generation for the firm’s survey submissions and award nominations, including evaluation of new surveys and award opportunities.
- 5+ years of experience in a communications role, ideally at an AmLaw 100 or other professional services firm.
- Proficiency in traditional media relations, as well as social and emerging media.
- Strong project management and process implementation skills.
- Attention to detail, flexibility and ability to work with a wide variety of people and projects while managing multiple deadlines.
- Extremely strong writing and editing skills. A good design sensibility for project presentation; proficiency in standard office and presentation software, including PowerPoint.
- A creative mindset, a can-do attitude and a positive disposition.
- Minimum BA, BS or degree equivalent.
- Travel to other firm offices, as needed.
To Apply please visit GoowinProcter.com/careers or click on the link belowhttps://re12.ultipro.com/GOO1008/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*A6EB2E5C8C5A6566