December 8, 2017 -
Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr,
Philadelphia, PA or Chicago,
This position will report to the Communications Director and must work effectively as part of a growing communications team.
The candidate will be primarily responsible for drafting and project managing various external communications initiatives, particularly survey and directory responses and awards nominations. The candidate will help ensure that firm communications are impactful and consistent in style and voice.
The position will interact with attorneys and professional staff across practice areas and offices.
- Awards and Directories
- Work with Communications Director to strategically evaluate new awards and directories and determine which to pursue.
- Interface with attorneys for directory and awards submissions – gathering relevant information; scheduling interviews and drafting preparatory materials; and liaising closely with external contacts, when relevant.
- Draft and project manage submissions to legal directory publishers including Chambers and Benchmark Litigation.
- Prepare awards and media feature nominations for The American Lawyer, The National Law Journal, Law360 and other publications.
- Help prepare quantitative survey responses issued by clients.
- Update best practices for completing award and directory submissions and educate attorneys on such.
- Client Matters
- Review client matter successes submitted by attorneys via firm matter form and fine-tune write-ups throughout the year in preparation for award and directory submissions, as well as use in client opportunities.
- Creatively identify vehicle(s) for highlighting successful matters internally and externally.
- Prepare matter wins for recurring internal report to all attorneys.
- Work closely with business development team to create deal and case lists that highlight relevant successes.
- Creative Writing and Strategic Communications
- Work with the Director of Communications to identify ways to promote designated attorneys via internal and external messaging.
- Identify ways to repurpose success stories for website, client opportunities, events materials, etc.
Qualifications & Requirements
The ideal candidate must be an exceptional writer, verbal communicator and critical thinker. S/he will possess excellent organizational and project management skills, outstanding editing and proofing skills, the ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment, a strong attention to detail and a professional demeanor. A solid command of the Associated Press style guide, grammar and journalistic writing principles, as well as an understanding of persuasive writing for marketing communications, is required.
Education and/or experience required
- Bachelor's degree in communications, English, journalism or public relations
- 4+ years of experience in communications and/or marketing roles in a law firm environment
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should email their resume and cover letter to Carla Mofield at firstname.lastname@example.org.