January 4, 2017 -
East Coast law firm with approximately 300 attorneys in eleven offices in Boston, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New York and Washington, D.C., has an immediate opening for a Communications Manager to oversee both the firm's internal communications efforts and media relations activities.
East Coast law firm with approximately 300 attorneys in eleven offices in Boston, Connecticut, Florida, New Jersey, New York and Washington, D.C., has an immediate opening for a Communications Manager to oversee both the firm's internal communications efforts and media relations activities. The position can be based in New York, NY, Parsippany, NJ, Stamford, CT or Hartford, CT, and reports to the Chief Business Development and Marketing Manager.
- Develops and maintains relationships with media and serves as the firm's primary media contact.
- Develops and maintains a directory of lawyers identified as media spokespersons for the firm, its practices and offices.
- Manages the firm's public relations agency and Chambers & Partners awards consultant.
- Evaluates and recommends PR-related vendors and products, including software.
- Works with Business Development Managers and the firm's PR agency to develop and implement regional and practice-focused PR plans.
- Creates reports for Marketing Manager to update partner on external communications efforts and ROI.
- Works with firm management in all crisis communications efforts.
- Provides media coaching and training to attorneys and firm management.
- Oversees the preparation, approval and distribution of firm press releases as well as rankings, directory, survey and awards submissions.
- Assists attorneys with editing and placing bylined articles in key legal, trade and business publications.
- Proactively seeks opportunity to publicize the firm and develops relationships between firm spokespersons and reporters.
- Notifies attorneys when they are in the media. Writes internal portal and web posts as requested.
- Assists attorneys with social media as requested.
- Assists attorneys with lining up speaking engagements, webcasts and assists them with collecting the materials.
- Assist with internal communications such as writing emails, new attorney announcements, branding materials and marketing materials as needed.
- BS/BA degree.
- 10 years of professional experience, with 5+ years in public relations.
- Experience in a fast-moving and demanding environment. Professional services experience preferred; law firm experience a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact.
- Proactive, well-organized and pays close attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and key media/industry research tools.
A Match Recruiting