Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP, an international law firm with over 1,200 attorneys and 18 offices worldwide, seeks an enthusiastic self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment to join the firm’s Communications Team.
The primary function of this role is to increase the firm’s visibility by securing strategic media coverage. This position will work together with the firm’s Communications Team to handle day-to-day PR activities firmwide, including developing successful PR campaign, responding to press inquiries, drafting award and directory submissions and press releases. The position reports to the Director of Communications.
Ideal candidates must have the ability to communicate persuasively and concisely. Candidates must be able to work both independently and as part of a highly collaborative team.
- Create and implement effective PR campaigns for individual lawyers and practice groups that support business development goals
- Identify appropriate third-party commentary topics and industry trends in order to proactively reach out to reporters to secure interview opportunities and media coverage and place attorney-written articles at legal, business and industry publications
- Draft firm announcements (e.g. press releases, media pitches, deal announcements, etc.) and various award and directory submissions
- Have strong knowledge of key reporters and publications with established relationships and help develop and maintain media relationships institutionally
- Stay current with industry trends in the legal and communications/media sectors
- Assist with the building and daily maintenance of press office systems and processes, such as researching targeted media lists and managing media database; organizing editorial calendar system, including identifying appropriate opportunities and managing deadlines; drafting and posting media-related content to the firm’s website, intranet and social media; and assisting with tracking press coverage and compiling news clips
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail-oriented in all tasks, including excellent proof-reading and research skills
- Strong time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with a highly collaborative team
- Strong customer service ethic
- Well-developed and professional interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the firm
- Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills
Bachelors degree is required, preferably in Communications, English or Journalism. Five to seven years of experience in the public relations field preferred, and experience in a law firm, other professional service firm or a PR agency is a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org