January 15, 2020 -
The Communications Assistant of Marketing and Business Development provides administrative support to his/her direct supervisors, as well as to other members of the Marketing Department, as required.
Responsibilities include assisting with various external and internal communications and business development initiatives such as the Firm’s public relations program; day-to-day intake, drafting and editing intranet content; assistance with drafting and posting content and Firm’s website; media monitoring; updating and maintaining key information systems (including, media log, editorial calendar and rankings and accolades log); supporting the execution of multiple surveys and awards submissions; and assisting with other marketing, communications and business development projects as requested.
Reports to the Communications Manager and Director of Communications and works closely with all members of the Marketing and Business Development Department. This position also regularly involves activities and projects that involve non-marketing personnel across offices.
- Supports all aspects of the proactive and reactive media relations program, including scheduling and coordinating media interviews, creating reporter backgrounders, and interacting with reporters on a case-by-case basis, helping draft press releases, and matter promotion.
- Writes and edits news items for internal and external platforms; coordinates with various practice groups and operational departments to maintain accurate Intranet content; updates content on various sections of the Intranet platform; updates and maintains content on the Firm’s website – including media mentions, articles, press releases, rankings, and accolades sections.
- Conducts diligent media monitoring and reporting and shares select coverage with relevant attorneys.
- Compiles, finalizes approvals, and distributes weekly press highlights emails and other reports.
- Helps with drafting submissions and surveys as needed.
- Assists with byline placement process in various legal and industry specific publications.
- Updates and circulates editorial, media, and due dates calendar on an ongoing basis.
- Provides administrative and project implementation support to his/her direct report and other members of the Marketing and Business Development Department, as assigned.
- Education: A 4-year College Degree required in public relations/communications, journalism, professional writing, or related field.
- Experience: 1-3 years prior experience in a professional environment required. Experience working at an agency is preferred though not required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and work effectively within a high volume, deadline-sensitive work environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills. Flexibility, agility.
- Must be resourceful, detail-oriented, organized, and proactive to the needs of the job.
Job Specific Skills: A demonstrated interest in marketing. Strong writing and proofreading skills. Strong customer service orientation. Professional telephone manner.
Attendance: All positions require punctuality and regular attendance.
Technological Skills: Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel and Microsoft Word. Familiarity with SharePoint and iManage is preferred but not required. Proficiency with Internet required. Database skills preferred.
If interested, please contact Lisa Simpers, HR Business Services Recruiter, at email@example.com.