Business Development and Marketing Manager
May 1, 2016 -
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP,
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP, a national law firm, seeks goal-oriented self-starter, who enjoys taking initiative and seeing results, to join a team of dynamic professionals responsible for marketing, business development, media and public relations, for select office locations and practice groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As required, the individual will be responsible for the following business development and marketing activities for select practice groups and offices:
- Evaluate practice groups and offices. Research and analyze trends, conduct competitive intelligence and identify new business development opportunities.
- Manage and execute marketing and business development activities, including seminars, trade shows, CLEs, speaking engagements, writing opportunities, community activities, pitches, and RFPs.
- For events, manage budget, work with others on site selection, development of invite list, invitation process, event logistics, site set-up, presentation planning, materials, prep, and post-event follow-up.
- Heighten brand awareness by providing media and PR support for select practice groups and offices.
- Practice group and office budgeting, updating practice group descriptions and attorney biographies.
- Responsible for rankings submissions for select offices, practice groups and individual attorneys.
- Conduct integration of lateral partners, including facilitating attorney introductions, identification of targets, and assistance with integration of client lists, coordination of photo shoots, work with others to develop bios, press releases and other promotional materials.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with preference in Marketing, English, Journalism or Communications major/minor.
- 3-5 years experience in business development and marketing. Law firm experience preferred.
- Experience with commonly used social media platforms.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, online research databases, competitive intelligence data and systems.
- Superior, persuasive verbal, writing, editing, research, analytical and problem solving skills, a must.
- Ability to simultaneously work on, prioritize, track and meet tight project deadlines, for many ongoing projects.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in high-pressure environment.
- Minimum 20% travel required.
Candidates also should possess the following personal qualities and attitude:
- Proactive work ethic and highly self-motivated.
- Enthusiastic, “can do” attitude.
- Creative problem-solver, capable of removing obstacles and moving projects to completion.
- Flexible and responsive, and able to handle last minute curve balls with grace.
- Client-focused, team-spirited and collaborative.
- Superior time management skills, in order to manage a diverse workload and competing deadlines.
- Extremely organized and detail-orientated.
Commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates should e-mail a resume, cover letter, salary requirement and two writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Business Development and Marketing Manager in the e-mail subject line.
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.