Account Supervisor, Litigation & Crisis, Full-time
November 10, 2017 -
BerlinRosen, a leading national strategic communications firm, is seeking an Account Supervisor to help our rapidly growing Litigation and Crisis practice meet a range of communications needs for a variety of law firms and legal matters, and assist with business development efforts.
The position is ideal for dynamic candidates with 4-6 years of relevant experience in legal marketing, strategic communications and/or journalism. Excellent writing skills and media relations experience are a must. The position is based in New York.
This position provides candidates with a unique opportunity to join a talented and growing team working on some of the most high-profile legal efforts of our time.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with both clients and internal account teams to shape media coverage of particular legal and crisis efforts
- Developing and executing strategies to insert clients into breaking and trending legal news in order to highlight clients' capabilities and experience for profile-building purposes
- Assist in practice business development efforts at all levels
- Partnering with and helping to manage clients' needs including: drafting press releases, identifying story ideas, conducting media pitching, arranging background briefings, fielding/vetting reporter queries, preparing clients for interviews, and providing guidance on publication and speaking opportunities on topics of strategic interest to clients' practice groups and key personnel
- Assist in developing content for clients' survey and award submissions.
Applicants should possess:
- Strong project and client management skills in a legal PR and/or media environment
- Familiarity with and interest in legal affairs, best practices and relevant media outlets
- Demonstrated relationships with reporters at top-tier legal outlets, reporters and editors
- Experience managing media engagement around crisis needs;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients and the media
Additional skills that are not required but will help you stand out as a candidate:
- Prior experience working at a law firm, particularly for an in-house legal marketing team
- Prior experience working at a legal news outlet or on the legal beat of a mainstream news outlet
- Baseline familiarity with legal processes: trial calendars and dockets, case rhythms, relevant terminology
- Demonstrated business development experience, particularly in writing proposals.
We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognize that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and our firm is committed to helping all staff develop and grow. Women, people of color, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.