Director of Marketing and Business Development
April 18, 2017 -
Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP,
Carter Ledyard & Milburn LLP is a general practice law firm headquartered on Wall Street. With nearly 100 attorneys, CLM has been named to the NLJ "2016 Midsize Hot List," for six of the last seven years. CLM is seeking a Director of Marketing to collaborate with practice groups and individual attorneys to create and implement marketing strategies. The Director of Marketing will report to the firm’s Managing Partner and Marketing Partner and work closely with the firm's Executive Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct and manage all aspects of CLM’s marketing team and operations.
- Work with the Marketing Partner, Business Development Committee, Department and Practice Group Chairs and firm leadership to create and implement strategic marketing plans that support the firm’s business goals.
- Primary focus is to work with practice group teams and individual attorneys on strategic marketing initiatives, including but not limited to generating ideas with the attorneys and bringing them to fruition. Create action plans for practice groups and lead practice group business development meetings.
- Oversee market research, competitive intelligence, RFPs (both identifying opportunities and oversight of the process) and firm wide marketing initiatives (including the Year in Review).
- Assist with and support the firm’s involvement in Meritas and Legalink networks, including coordinating business development and marketing activities via these relationships.
- Create written processes to improve the Department’s ability to leverage and facilitate all aspects of the firm’s marketing and business development activities.
- Assist attorneys in the development of speaking engagements, writing opportunities, seminars and CLEs, conferences and trade shows.
- Develop and manage the firm’s brand and position in the marketplace.
- Provide advice and guidance on managing the firm’s marketing budget.
- Oversight of the firm’s online portfolio, including website and social media.
- Direct PR and media relations strategies.
- Responsible for oversight of process for directory listings and related submissions.
- Create a marketing culture through the development of ongoing training, resources and support services
BS / BA degree required. Five-plus years of professional marketing experience. Law firm experience and/or JD a plus.
Commensurate with experience
HTMLawyers, Inc. has been retained to conduct this search. Interested and qualified candidates should e-mail, with salary history and requirements, in strictest confidence, to Micah Buchdahl.