July 28, 2017 -
Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP,
In collaboration with members of the Business Development (BD) Department, the Communications Specialist will help drive the external visibility of the firm and its attorneys by developing content for surveys, awards, directory submissions and thought leadership materials. The Communications Specialist will also support the firm’s media relations program.
- Draft and edit content for survey, award and legal directory submissions, including Chambers and The Legal 500, among others.
- Identify, propose, vet and execute proactive thought leadership initiatives that support the business development strategies of the firm, its practices and partners. This will involve drafting and editing memos, alerts, bylined articles, website content, brochures, collateral and other materials.
- Monitor developments in the media landscape, including the emergence of new publications and reporter personnel changes so that the firm may develop relationships and adjust its media outreach strategy for maximum impact.
- Support the firm’s media relations program by fielding inquiries, proactively pitching reporters on topics of strategic interest to the firm and arranging interviews.
- Work with BD colleagues to monitor news and distribute relevant news internally.
- Collaborate with colleagues to promote positive media mentions and successful thought leadership content through various channels, as appropriate.
- Compare, analyze and report on media and thought leadership results during regular intervals of time. Interpret data and make recommendations accordingly.
- Draft and edit content about client matters and other news for the firm’s internal daily newsletter.
- Contribute to other aspects of the firm’s business and client development and communications programs, including (but not limited to) media relations, video marketing, social media and internal communications.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of full-time work experience is preferred – ideally including at least two years in a legal marketing or professional services role that involved a substantial amount of writing.
- Experience working on legal directory and awards submissions is preferred.
- Proficiency with legal terminology and ability to digest complex communications.
- Excellent communication skills (writing, editing, formatting, proofreading and presentation skills).
- Understanding of the pressures of working in a corporate environment and demonstrated potential for working well with attorneys who have a wide range of business development goals and marketing skills.
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities to meet time-sensitive deadlines, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously, including confidential matters.
- Focused on execution and achieving measurable results through superior project and team management skills.
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work confidently and collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Resourceful, driven attitude with a genuine desire and energy to use a “whatever it takes” approach to ensure team success.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
For consideration for the position, please submit your resume to the open job at Paul, Weiss Careers.